Martin Odegaard transfer: Manchester United target trains with Liverpool


Norwegian prodigy Martin Odegaard fulfilled one of his wishes on Thursday in his short footballing career, after he had a run-out at Liverpool’s training ground, as a part of his visit to his ‘dream club’, as transfer to Anfield seems increasingly likely.

The Telegraph reported yesterday that young Odegaard, who became the youngest player to feature in a European Championship qualifier, was spotted dining in the city with Liverpool player Philippe Coutinho.

The Norway international, who plays for Stromsgodset, is one of Europe’s hottest properties, and have made similar trips to Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund, Real Madrid and Manchester United as well. source: soccerlens.com

According to The Telegraph, Odegaard, (often compared with Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi) who turns 16 later this month, has trained with Liverpool squad yesterday, as he weighs up his next move. He will be able to sign a professional contract when he turns 16 on Dec 17 and is a self-confessed Liverpool fan, like his father, who accompanied him to Liverpool city.

He said recently in an interview to Bild as quoted by Telegraph:

“Liverpool have always been my dream club. But I will not let this affect my decision when I choose a new club. It’s all about finding the team that is best for me and for my development. That is not necessarily Liverpool.

I haven’t really thought about my future yet. I will end the season here and then visit a number of clubs. I have not made a final decision yet, though. Of course, it’s flattering when you hear that big clubs are after you, but I don’t think about it too often.”

Back To Top